Monday, March 25, 2013

THE ABSOLUT WORLD

The target audience for this ABSOLUT VODKA's ad are women.
The image is claiming than in an absolut world the man carries the
burden of pregnancy.
The assumptions that the ad is making is that in the "absolut world"
women don't have to stop from enjoying absolut vodka
because the man is the one that gets pregnant.
The hook is comedy and beauty because even if she is a mother to be
she always gets to looks fabulous.
The ad is also trying to sell freedom for women.

Absolut Vodka. Advertisement. Adverbox. Adverbox, 7 Nov. 2007. Web. 22 Mar. 2013.


Absolut Vodka. Advertisement. AdsoftheWorld. WebMediaBrands, Feb. 2008. Web. 22 Mar. 2013.





































 

The target audience is women and men's vanity.
The image is claiming that thanks to ABSOLUT VODKA men can be 
perfect like a machine.
The assumption that the ad is making is that in an "absolut world" 
the attractive male model is not only multitasking like a machine 
but he also gets a bonus of creativity.
The hook is vanity and coolness because even the background is 
bland and the lighting is only focus on the model as to make him 
the center of attention.
The ad is also trying to sell physical fitness.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Divine Davination; I love the two very differnt type of photo's you used to compare what Absolute is selling, Hummmm, I would have never guess it was something to drink. Good Show! ;;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra I was torn apart because ABSOLUT has so many funny ads.
      I tried to upload this link as pic so you could see what I'm talking about but I guess that Blogger doesn't has image upload in comments.

      http://files.coloribus.com/files/adsarchive/part_768/7689355/file/absolut-vodka-absolut-impotence-small-30281.jpg

      Delete
  2. Great job!! Always entertaining and thought provoking. These ads are so powerful, I enjoy the humor and also the level of sophistication in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is truly amazing David. It really makes me stop and think deeply, this post especially. Keep up the great work dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get copies of these ads, David, if you have them. I would like to incorporate them into my class next semester. (See, I'm not making it up when I say that each semester students contribute to the conversation!) But, if not--that's ok and I can try to find them online. See you in class/LM

    ReplyDelete